More and more since my kiddo’s are getting older (the eldest nearly 12 years,) I have had to share my holiday decorating time and efforts with them, since they’re too cute not to let help. 😉 This Santa-inspired holiday wreath is playful enough for my children’s taste yet still stylish that I wasn’t afraid to display it. Like our DIY Holiday Card Holder, this frame is currently housing my incoming Christmas cards and I love it paired with this simple wreath!
To make your own you’ll need the following:
- Wreath form of your choice
- Black, gold + red scrap fabric (less than 1/2 yard each)
- Black + white striped ribbon, gold ribbon to fit wreath
- Hot glue
Making this was a snap!
- Cut red fabric (we used burlap) into 3×8″ each.
- Thumbtack red fabric onto wreath and start wrapping.
- No need to press a tack into each strip but just keep wrapping over the end piece until the wreath is covered then tack last piece onto wreath form.
- Dab hot glue onto the back of the ribbon and press onto the back of the wreath.
- Pull over the front of the wreath and secure with another dab of hot glue.
- Cut out a “buckle” from gold fabric, (we used felt.)
- Cut shimmery gold ribbon to fit over “buckle”, dab more glue and cover the gold felt.
- Loop ribbon around wreath and hang!
We would definitely recommend the colored burlap as it leaves the pretty frayed edges, which we love!
Over all this was about a 1-hour project from start to finish, perfect for the busy crafters schedule!