Hi all, it’s Taryn from Design, Dining + Diapers, and I’m always happy to be here at Creative Home. So are you ready for some sweet talking today?
I am a huge sweets person, and my all time favorite flavor combo is chocolate and peanut butter. Who is with me? The only problem is that I’m allergic to gluten and soy, and things can get a little complicated in this area, so I decided to come up with my own Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. Mmmm delicious! Can’t you just taste the sweet and salty flavors by looking at this?! (And if you aren’t GF, they can easily be adapted to be ‘regular’ by using white flour.)
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (only if making them gluten-free)
- 1½ cups flour ( I use gluten-free flour mix)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk ( use rice milk or almond milk)
- 2 cups of powered sugar (plus additional if needed)
- 1/2 cup crushed salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together eggs, sugar, vanilla and water.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the above mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Line a cupcake tin with liners and fill them ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until you can pull a toothpick out clean.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk for the frosting.
- Depending on the consistency of your peanut butter and other ingredients, you may need to add additional milk to make it creamier or more powdered sugar to thicken.
- Place the frosting in a zip lock bag and cut the tip (or use a piping bag) and frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts for garnish.
Hope you enjoy them! What are your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes?