Hello again, creative readers! We’re sharing a really easy tutorial with you today. The best part is that no gluing is required! Bonus! (; We’ve seen embroidery hoop chalkboard art all over blog land but this is our first time testing it out personally. The verdict is in, we LOVE it!! We attended a local craft night and learned from the best, Recipe for Crazy! Her hoops are darling, and we are happy to support her. If you don’t want to make your own, she sells them like crazy! (Pun intended, lol!)
- Chalkboard Vinyl
- Embroidery Hoop
- Scrap Fabric (10: 18″ strips)
- Cut coordinating fabric into 18″ strips.
- Wrap first fabric strip at the base of the hoop, no gluing required, just keep wrapping.
- At the end, use a little piece of double sided tape to hold it. (Hot glue if desired, optional.)
- Cut chalkboard vinyl to size.
- Place vinyl inside hoop, tighten.
- Chalk it up, get creative!
- (Note: Season vinyl first by rubbing chalk across vinyl once, erase then chalk away!)
If you love hoops, also check out our embroidery hoop spheres! Please visit our all of our DIY posts here on Creative Home then head over to our blog, Facebook, Pinterest or Insta to keep up with our latest and greatest!