Hi Creative Readers! We are twin sisters Kristi & Kelli back from Lolly Jane, our eclectic DIY/craft blog where we share the latest holiday crafts, furniture makeovers, home improvements projects and even yummy recipes now and again. We are so excited for Valentine’s Day next month! You can never decorate TOO early for love day as it’s such a cheerful holiday! Today we’re going to share you how to make a quick fabric wrapped Valentine wreath:
To get started you’ll need a 14″ wreath form (we used FloraCraft brand, found at Joann’s and used our handy 40% off coupon!) paired with black & white polka dot fabric (you will need about a yard, cut into 2″ strips) and 3-4 paper doilies. We also found this cute little number, a stitched “I Love You” bunting for less than $2 at Joann’s in the scrapbook section. If you have extra fabric or felt lying around in bright colors, bunch them together to make a flower bouquet (this one is from Jo Jo & Eloise but we have a tutorial here to make your own.) Be sure to have some pink bakers twine + hot glue handy as well.
Making it is so easy!
- Wrap the strips of fabric around the wreath form until it’s covered; pin or hot glue closed.
- Place the doilies on top of each other (hot glue in between) and form a larger circle.
- Hot glue the flowers on top of the doilies then glue the doilie bunch to the wreath.
- Hot glue the “I Love You” bunting to a string of bakers twine.
- Pin into place across the top of the wreath.
- Hot glue a little loop of bakers twine to the back to act as a hanger then hang!
We hung our wreath in Kelli’s craft room, in the middle of her easy embroidery hoop art collection. It is such a cheery space, and we are definitely feelin’ the Valentine love when we work in here! 🙂